Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Teufelsberg Berlin Abandonned Listening Tower
























































































Hidden in the depths of the Grunewald forrest in the outskirts of Berlin, Tuefelsberg is an abandonned listening tower that was built by the U.S army during the ColdWar as Berlin was a midway point between America and Russia. It is now an alternative tourist attraction! I have lots of videos I took here too taht I will be making into short video clips once i've edited them. In the highest tower the sound was amazing. I made a soundclip on my phone that I will post when i've edited it. I was fascinated by the strange technology of this place. On the grounds of the building it looked as though there had a been a smash up technology party! I found an intreguing object and I posted it home to Scotland- I'm sure this object will be making an appearance in my work soon enough! Found objects being an integral contribution to my work. The object actually appears in the above photograph with the suitcase.


No comments:

Post a Comment