Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fiorucci made me Hardcore



Industrial Light and Migic (above) won the Turner Prize in 1999.


Former Turner Prize winner Mark Leckey created a video piece titled Fiorucci Made me Hardcore and it documents the history of British Dance Culture with a comedic, poetic and strangely ambient sound track. I think Fiorucci is a type of Denim most probably worm bu ravers in the 90's.

Anyway, I'm referencing this video because I'm planning to incorporate clips from you-tube into my video of the sea. I'm going to use clips from 80's music videos with people dancing in an over emphasized fashion. These are the type of music videos that were created when video effects were just made commercial so they are over flowing with ridiculous effects, over saturated colour, ridiculous dance moves and forgotten pop culture!

I think the rest of my work is going to be pretty much gray-scale so I i'm happy to indulge in O.T.T colour with the video work.




These are some stills from the videos i've been editing to mash up with my clips of the sea moving. I have also been data moshing some of the clips so pixels move across the surface of the water.


This is another video still, I managed to get the sea looking really spacey at points.



No comments:

Post a Comment