Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sonic Acts XIII- The poetics of Space

I ALWAYS find myself looking back to this  exhibition it's probably the most inspirational show i've evr went to and it seemed to come at exactly the right time.  I always found it so mind blowing that I could never explain exactly what it was and this little blurb and video I found on youtube digests it delightfully:
 
The thirteenth Sonic Acts Festival in Amsterdam is entirely dedicated to the exploration of space in performative and audiovisual art, film, music and architecture. Sonic Acts XIII -- The Poetics of Space examines the importance of physical space in times of far-reaching technological developments, and the physical and psychological impact of spatial designs. The exhibition at the Netherlands Media Artis Institute comprises spatial audio-visual and interactive installations, classic video art, light sculptures and sound works that explore different ways of experiencing space.




No comments:

Post a Comment