Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ableton live set





I went to Glasgow at the weekend to see Jack, the family, catch up with my friends and also to practise my ableton live set. I'm a bit nervous about playing/performing infront of people! I've done DJ sets before but this is the first ableton live set i've constructed. I have warped lots of my favourite disco tracks icluding Black Devil, 'Lectronic, Alexander Robotnic, Magic Electronic , Casco and more. As well as these Disco tracks i've wrote some basic drum beats to amplify the sound. I've also cut samples from the tracks and set up some arpeggio synthesizers that I can play along with the music or just to a drum beat i've made using the midi keyboard. So I cant free style an make some Italo sounds and mix that in with the DJing.....in theory anyway. Now all I have to do is practise, practise, PRACTISE! My friend Ray who is really into making electronic music, disco and also a DJ gave me his old Vestax mixer. I can't thank him enough it's an absolute beauty!! I love it. It used to be metallic blue but he scratched all the paint off so it would match his Technics 1200's which were silver. I am enchanted by the fact that there is history to the machine i'm using, it makes it extra special for me to play with. It's silver so it matches my laptop and it's really put me a step forward in my quest to make music and DJ! I am going to make some cassette tape art work to thank him with!

As for this week I need to really thin k about what my fort... running out of time. Saturday is only 4 days away! Four more sleeps.........

No comments:

Post a Comment