Sunday, March 20, 2011

Down at the Bottom of The Garden....





It was only about a year after I moved into my flat that I became curious as to what was in the large shed like structure that is at the bottom of the garden, I presume that back in the olden days it would have been a drying house. Anyway, I realised that I had a key that fitted to the lock for this house and opened it's door. To my astonishment the building was full of paintings and it had two floors. The top floor was kind of like an attic space: sloped roof and skylight windows. Very dirty and stoory and probably home to many spiders and graveyard to many flies. I did howver eventually clear it up and ever since I found the space and the paintings I knew i'd one day turn it into an exhibition space. it seemed too perfect considering all the paintings I found in there. The paintings are by a man called Fouad Redouani and most of them are dated early 90's. When I was clearing out yesterday I looked at the backs of some of them and found that he was wanting £1000-£3000 for a couple of them. Whether or not he ever sold paintings and for that amount I don't know because I know nothing about him other than what his paintings have told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment